The glamour of the red carpet and the thrill of Hollywood and Indian Cinema.
Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences unveiled its Cinema Suite in 2012, created by acclaimed Indian designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee. A journey through world cinema and an ode to tradition, this 1,884 square foot two bedroom suite with a dining room, study, powder room and kitchen, is designed in tribute to the history of film and takes inspiration from motion pictures across the globe. Aptly, the Cinema Suite opened just ahead of celebrations marking 100 years of Indian cinema in 1913.
The suite is inspired most notably by the era of 1940s and 1950s Hollywood and Indian Cinema. Guests will find reference to masters like Ray, Coppola and Bergman in the imposing study, world cinema leaders like Majidi, Wong Kar-Wai and Almodovar amongst the cultured kitsch of the living room and echoes of The Stepford Wives in the kitchen. One bedroom is reminiscent of the golden Hollywood era of Rita Hayworth and Marilyn Monroe whilst the Master Bedroom draws on colonial inspiration and renowned Indian artists Guru Dutt, Merchant Ivory and Bimal Roy.
The suite is a celebration of personalised detail and global culture. Visitors will marvel at breathtakingly rare Bollywood film prints, remarkable history books, vintage mirrors and a myriad of portraits and drawings. From the leather Chesterfield to precious glassware, intriguing art and antique rugs, world arts and crafts are displayed throughout. Each wall is a work of art in itself, with striking Nina Campbell wallpapers in burnt orange, black and red and curios collected from over 32 different cultures. The suite displays sumptuous silk drapery, magnificent oak flooring, priceless antique furniture and ornaments such as rare Chinese porcelain, Bhutanese frames and 1920s embroidered Indian lamps.
The Cinema Suite is an urban cocoon featuring cutting-edge technology blending perfectly with glamorous design. The 85-inch plasma cinema screen, with a 3D state of the art home theatre system, is the biggest private screen in a London hotel suite. The world-class Steinway Lyngdorf sound system makes for a fully immersive cinematic experience which raises the bar for an in-hotel audiovisual offering. Preloaded with a repertoire of over 300 international motion pictures, books and music, it acknowledges that time is well spent amongst films, art and culture.
Whilst utterly different in style, the Cinema Suite is the second designer collaboration for Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, following the autumn 2011 launch of the world’s only Jaguar Suite conceived by former Jaguar Design Director, Ian Callum.
- Cinematic platter served daily
- Complimentary bar fully stocked on arrival (replenishment chargeable)
- Full butler service
- Multilingual staff
- 24hr Reception and Concierge desk
- 24hr in-room dining
- 24hr laundry service
- 24hr on-call doctor & nurse
- 24hr complimentary access to Fitness Centre and e-Centre
- Daily housekeeping
- Twice daily maid service
- Complimentary access to J Wellness Circle spa wet areas
The picture is for representational purposes only, the decor, layout and furnishings may vary between rooms within the same category
- Tea and coffee maker (Nespresso coffee machine)
- Living room, fully-equipped kitchen and dining area
- Private bar on request
- Daily Complimentary evening drinks from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Children's amenities on request
- Iron and ironing board
- Bottled still and sparkling mineral water
- Large flat-screen TV
- Work desk
- Dual-line telephones with voicemail & data capabilities
- Electronic safe
- DVD player and DVD library
- Digital Complimentary newspaper and e-library
- Softer beds & hard boards on request
- Pillow menu
- Backlit makeup mirror, hair dryer, and scale
- Plush bathrobes & slippers
- Sewing kit
- Kids@Taj amenities
- Infant cribs (aged 0-2 years) complimentary on request
- Bath menu & bath salts on request
- Suit, skirt & padded hangers
- Rollaway or extra bed (additional charge per night)
- Temple Spa toiletries